Our Firm

Our History

print

OUR MEDINA HERITAGE

With roots stemming back to 1898, Henry Laribee joined Arthur Van Epp in 1938 to form the law firm that is now known as Laribee & Hertrick, LLP.  Prior to practicing law, Mr. Laribee served as a high school principal and administrator in Homer and Spencer Townships, and Mr. Van Epp held the position of mayor of Medina. The firm was first located on Medina's public square and relocated to the historic "Ferris House" in 1968.  Henry Laribee's sons, Ray and Richard, followed in their father's footsteps and joined the practice in 1967 and 1969 respectively.  Paul Hertrick joined in 1981, bringing to the firm his vast knowledge in the area of family law. Michael Laribee joined the firm in 1996, representing the third generation of the Laribee family to practice law in Medina.  In 2011, Marc Hertrick joined the firm after practicing law at larger law firms located in the Washington D.C. metro area and Cleveland, Ohio in the areas of complex civil litigation and construction law.  In 2017, Matt Ameer, a lifelong Medina native, joined as an Associate Attorney.  

Henry E. Laribee  1904-1982
Richard L. Laribee 1944-2002
Clark R. Cooper 1918-2004
Neil E. Bowers 1925-2008

Ray E. Laribee, Retired

 

                       THE FERRIS HOUSE
Medina County Law Office - Laribee & Hertrick

Laribee Hertrick, LLP, occupies the historic Ferris House in Medina, Ohio.

It is one of the oldest buildings in Medina, built by Rufus Ferris in 1825. Mr. Ferris was a pioneer settler who served as Medina County's first treasurer and postmaster. The Ferris House sits on the site of Medina County's first courthouse. It also served as a stagecoach stop on "The Pike" from Cleveland to Wooster until 1845, the same year more than 25 percent of Medina's downtown square was destroyed by fire.

©2018 - Laribee & Hertrick, LLP - Custom Web Design Services by INSYTE eCommerce